Tuesday 26 July 2011

27 things...Eat Oysters




On our last evening in Whitstable, we also crossed a target off my 27 things list.  27 things I want to do before I turn 27.  We tried oysters.  There was a lovely little oyster bar in Whitstable.  It's on the High Street and you can't miss it, the whole building is painted pink with the name on the side too.  The usual thing seems to be to order half a dozen but as a first attempt, we ordered one each.  We put on some lemon juice and went for it.  We were advised that you can chew it and don't have to just swallow it down so we did.  All in all, it was more normal than expected.  It wasn't amazingly tasty, it was very salty, but it would make a nice starter, I certainly couldn't eat them as a meal but as a little starter, I really enjoyed it and am glad I did something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment