Thursday 2 April 2015

Thoughts on 30

So today I turn 30 - the big 3-0!

Somehow I thought that this would feel like a huge milestone. The first birthday I remember remembering was my seventh. I thought I would feel really different - be more grown up somehow. I think I did feel a little different at that age.

More recently, birthdays seem to fly by and I don't feel hugely different. I always thought I would feel more 'grown up' at this age.  This time though, there is a lot more to reflect on. Even though I don't feel older, I can look back on many achievements. I have an MA, a job I love, a house, amazing friends, a wonderful husband and a beautiful daughter. I have everything I hoped I would have at this age, and count myself very lucky for that.

Today will be a nice celebration with friends and family. I'm feeling really good and excited for this new decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment