Friday 12 June 2015

Freibad!

One thing I love about German culture at this time of year is the Freibad - or outdoor pool.

There are more outdoor pools than indoor ones in our area and today, with temperatures in the high twenties, I met my friend there for a little picnic with our babies.

In England, we would have maybe gone to the park or sat in the garden. I only know of one outdoor pool and that was in another county! Here, we had a ten minute drive.

At our local pool there are four pools - paddling, children, normal and diving, plus lots of space to sit with a picnic. I paid 3.20 (euros) and Isabella was free.

The water was a little cold at first but ones we splashed a bit, everyone had fun. Even though the place was packed, we had plenty of space.

It was fun and relaxing but I would recommend going with more adults than walking babies because chasing Isabella was exhausting at times. She's so social she wanted to play with all the kids in all the families.

While the weather stays this way, we'll try to go every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment