Wednesday 29 July 2015

Reading Review

Redemption - Jussi Adler-Olsen

Another exciting easy read in the Department Q series. I always wonder how the writer is going to follow up his last work but he never disappoints. Each story is so different but equally thrilling.

The characters really make the series so gripping. Looking forward to the next obe.

The Given Day - Dennis Lehane

My Dad passed this one on to me and it took a while to get into but it was well worth it. The story is set after world war one in Boston and follows two main characters - a second generation Irish American immigrant and a black American through those years.

The story is interesting and I learned a bit of history in between too.

A Town Like Alice - David Parker

This came from my classics list and I'm glad I found that list if only for this book. It's a fictional story about a young woman and her exeriences during and after the second world war.

It's so interesting and it is based on a true story - at least the part I found the most interesting is. I don't want to spoil the story here but it's definitely worth a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment