Wednesday 5 October 2016

Language Learning

The other day, while avoiding jobs on my to-do list, I was flicking through Duolingo. It's a language learning app that I've written about before. I use it to practise German, Spanish and Turkish every day.

They're always updating it and I added some more languages to my list. I dabbled with Swedish before our Stockholm trip in March. It's great for picking up the basics quickly before a trip.

I repicked up Russian. I first took a Russian course at my last school six years ago and was suprised how quickly I could get back into it, though the keyboard may eventually present a problem.

Finally I had a little go with Esperanto. This is an artificial language created as a simplified language for all. It was different and interesting having things in common with other languages but at the same time, using them differently.

Have a go here!

No comments:

Post a Comment