Tuesday 18 April 2017

Grand Designs

Recently Netflix brought me a blast from the past in the form of 'Grand Designs'. I love our house and could never deal with the stress of building but watching people bring these dreams to life is so interesting!

The first thing we learned from watching it is how crazy the building regulations (or sometimes the lack thereof) is in Great Britain. Nico has family in the building business and there's no way some of those practices would be allowed here.

What always surprises me is how rich some of these people are. They nearly always end up over budget and it's hard to imagine where the extra comes from.

I'm nearly always impressed with the finished buildings but there are quite few I would actually like to live in. It just shows you how much it comes down to personal taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment