Thursday 11 January 2018

Looking forward...

I'm struggling a little with this new month, new year. While I'm sticking to my two main goals, I'm having a hard time finding a balance with the usual healthy eating, more activity, less stress side of things. Maybe it will settle more when I get back to work full time. In the meantime I thought I'd jump on Amy Liz's bandwagon and describe what I'm looking forward to this year.

Getting back to work!

I know it will be stressful and bring on a new wave of working mum guilt but I am looking forward to getting into a new challenge, taking my career in a different direction and bringing a bit more financial stability to our family. I'm especially looking forward to meeting new people and enjoying conversation with other adults!

My sister's hen do and wedding.

This Summer I'll be heading to England twice for these wonderful events. The first should be a fun, girly weekend and the second is especially exciting as we're taking my mother-in-law with us and I'm excited to show her my home country and get all the family together again.

The kids' birthdays.

While Isabella's incessant talk of her birthday party and the guest list is incredibly annoying right now (she turns four in June), I am looking forward to it. As with Christmas, birthdays with children just seem more magical and both of the kids are a joy to watch as they grow and learn.

Completing some ongoing projects.

I'm really hoping this will be the year I finish my biggest crossstitch yet.

I'm carrying on apace with my crochet course and looking forward to finishing the blanket project.

I'm also really excited to see how the one second every day video turns out. I'm backing up weekly and week one had both of us grinning ear to ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment