I was really pleased with my first batch of soaps. This time I wanted to try two new things - scents and moulds.
I split the batch in two near the end of the process and added some lavender oil to about a third of the mix and orange and lemon oils to the larger portion. I had tried oils last time but sparingly and it was lost in the soap, hopefully these will be stronger.
The moulds are silicon ice cube makers we picked up at ikea so not designed for soap but we'll see how it goes. I liked the rustic bars from last time too so I put the remainder of the mixes in big containers lined with baking paper.
Now it's a five week waiting game to see how they turn out.
Here's my favourite tutorial and lye calculator.