Saturday 29 December 2018

The Saturday Update

What a fabulous holiday week!  We had a busy weekend of shopping, wrapping and sending in a last minute dash to prepare for Christmas.  I never want to be that late again!  

We spent Christmas Eve visiting Nico's family with my Dad.  It was really lovely to catch up with everyone and the kids had a whale of a time.  It was nice to look forward to the new year too with an invitation to a family wedding.

Christmas was blissfully quiet.  Just the four of us at home with my Dad.  We had bacon sandwiches for breakfast and duck for dinner and in between we opened gifts, played and watched a couple of films.

Boxing day was similar with a visit from Nico's parents too.  It was nice to be relaxed.

Dad left on Thursday.  The kids were quite down but we had a lovely breakfast and bit of shopping before taking him to the station.

Yesterday I handed in my application for citizenship - just a six week wait to hear now.  We got a few bits and bobs done in the afternoon but we are definitely still in rest mode.

Today I have a hair appointment and then I need to get on top of a few jobs to have a quiet week next week.  I am loving this vague period between Christmas and New Year now that the Christmas stress is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment