Thursday 26 May 2011

Gluten Free so far.

Well, after just three full days on the gluten free diet, I have to say, I feel great.  I thought it was going to be tricky to find things to eat but to be honest, I'd already cut down a lot on bread because of the Weightwatchers and knowing that it affected me in a negative way and cutting out past hasn't been too bad.

I have been eating rice crispies for breakfast which I used to eat anyway.  I wasn't convinced they'd keep me full for long but actually I have been able to get to lunch without having a morning snack, which I always needed after weetabix.  For lunches we have been having rice cakes with different spreads and on an evening we have been having some of our favourite Weightwatchers recipes that don't involve wheat products and have found more than I expected.  Apart from this we have been researching wheat substitutes online and in the bio-shop in Bremen and there are plenty.

Ok so Weightwatchers has gone out of the window this week as I've been concentrating on finding something wheat free rather than the points, but as I say, the snacking has reduced and I've been eating more fruit or rice cakes with jam as desserts.  I'll be building the gluten free theme into my Weigtwatchers planning next week to get back on track.

I have to say, although I knew bread and a lot of pasta affected my badly, I didn't realise just how many things they did cause.  Since cutting it out I have not only seen an improvement in my tummy (less bloating, stomach pains and indigestion), but also more energy, less fatigue, fewer mood swings and my skin is better.  I haven't felt stuffed after meals like I used to and am already more comfortable in my clothes.  Long may it continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment