Monday 2 May 2011

Weightwatchers.

For four years now on and off, I have been following Weightwatchers and I have to say, never have I been quite so into it as I am here in Germany.  Okay, so I did get to goal in England (although I didn't manage to maintain that) but things are made so much easier here.  First of all, there is an actual Weightwatchers shop in Bremen.  Whereas in England, you could only buy products at meetings or online, here you can just call in at the shop.  You don't have to be a member or attend the meetings there (although you can of course).  Due to my poor German when I arrived and my dislike of being tied down to a specific weekly slot, I am a member of Weightwatchers online which suits me just fine as I have all the tools I need and can access it when I like. 

Also, it's not just the fact that their is a shop but also some of the products they have.  Germany have been on the new propoints system for a while so that has been a smooth transition for me but the products here are totally different to the ones I was used to at home.  I can still get the bars which are very helpful for snacks or to curb hunger while shopping/cooking.  They also have some gorgeous angel delight / mousse style desserts in a range of flavours (see the pictures from last week's post).  These are so easy to make, low points and provide a nice sweet taste after meals.  There are apple chips which are great for school break times and just one point per pack.  There are also a range of cooking sauces although I have yet to try these.  Last week, we called in on our bike ride through the city and the best part about it is the prices! - I bought a box of bars, two packs of apple chips and one dessert sachet (that makes two desserts) for five Euros!  That's about £4!

I would recommend WW to anyone - German style, online or good old English style.  I have even converted Nico to their recipes.  It's great that we can just type in an ingredient that we fancy or have left over and find a whole new tasty recipe or an old favourite.  He has been blogging on some of his favourite cooking experiences (in German) here: Nedab Blog

More on our latest food craze later!

No comments:

Post a Comment