Thursday 30 June 2011

Freibad!



Yesterday I had my first experience in a real Freibad (German outdoor swimming pool).  It took us an hour to get to the pool but it was worth the travel.  The complex had a number of indoor pools and slides as well as the outdoor pool to keep the kids entertained.  We set up camp by the outdoor pool.

It was actually surprising how the kids just got on with things and we had relatively fewer injuries and complaints compared to the two days before.  We expected it to start raining at lunch time but that held off until the evening so I braved the ice cold water myself and it was actually very refreshing.  I'd really recommend it but it's best to go at a quieter time.  The elderly ladies who were there for their aqua-aerobics were less than impressed by our group crashing their party.

No comments:

Post a Comment