Tuesday 16 August 2011

Cooperative Learning

Five and a half weeks of holidays flew by and in that time my brain did take a complete break.  I had completely forgotten everything that was said at school in the last few days, even down to the time we were supposed to be in yesterday (luckily I checked that with a colleague on Saturday).  This is why it was a really nice surprise to find out yesterday that not only did we have a later start of nine and an earlier finish of two but in between we were training on one of my favourite topics at the moment - Cooperative Learning.

I say my favourite, I first came into contact with this concept at my first school where it was a really big new idea that everyone was expected to adapt to.  We were given plenty of training and I really like many of the concepts but being a typical Aries, I don't like being made to do anything.  There have been times, up to and including last week when I have cursed the whole theme bitterly, it being the basis of my dissertation for my MA.  However, yesterday was really inspiring.  As well as a reminder about all that is good in Cooperative Learning, it gave me new ideas, lots of useful related German vocabulary and the inspiration to start afresh and really get cracking with my dissertation project so it's about to be a busy two and a half months!

No comments:

Post a Comment