Sunday 14 August 2011

Goodbye Summer!

So it's the last day of the 'Summer Holidays' already.  I knew it would go fast but that really has crept up on me!  In a way I'm quite happy to go back and ready to get back into a good routine with work, especially since the weather is so rubbish.

I know the English are famed for talking about the weather but it's also a bit of a teacher phenomenon - especially when we have to put the heating on to keep warm in our homes in the holidays.  

I'm looking forward to cycling to and from work this year.  I know I will regret saying that but it will save me a fortune in gym membership and transport costs and it will also give me time to build up to and wind down from school.  I am having to search for a rain poncho though - especially given the weather this morning.

I've heard rumours of an Indian Summer.  Part of me wants them to be true so we can appreciate our two balconies before next year, but I'm not looking forward to working in that.  We will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment