Thursday 27 October 2011

Holiday Update - Wednesday

Wednesday was our first full day with guests and we did quite a lot.  We set off walking and went through the nature park near our flat.  We climbed to the viewpoint where you can see some of the city landmarks.  The nature park was lovely - we spotted some red mushrooms with white spots - something I had always believed was a Disney invention since I have never seen them in real life!  Pics to follow.

When we got to the other side of the park we got the tram into town and went to Nordsee for lunch which was really nice.  We visited the Weserburg Modern Art museum in the afternoon which was interesting.  Modern art isn't always my thing, especially if it's something I could do myself but I really liked the exhibition they have at the moment which is 'Farbe im Fluss' or 'Colour in Motion'.

We had some delicious treats in Knigge cafe in town afterwards and then headed back to Huchting to buy in the ingredients for Nico's amazing lasagne and we had a nice evening eating that, drinking rioja and watching Garden State.

No comments:

Post a Comment