Saturday 17 December 2011

The Saturday Update

Full on week this week.  At work I had to set and mark three exams but it's all done now so it's all Xmas themed for the last week of term with mince pie baking, xmas carols and Merry Xmas Mr Bean on DVD!  Well, if I have to work a week longer than my British colleagues, I'm going to make it as Christmassy as possible.

Also this week I have finished my Xmas shopping (that's probably the latest I have ever finished it!)  Loretto has been away in Spain and the weather has taken a turn for the worst so I have to admit, I haven't been all that motivated to get out.  Though I did spend our usual coffee time working through the Bluebear novel which I finished this week!

In a final step to feel more Christmassy this week, the Baileys has been bought.  I have to limit myself to only drinking this at Christmas or I would get nowhere with the diet during the rest of the year.  After 2011, blue cheese is joining Baileys on this limited list!  But watching Love Actually with a Baileys and toblerone was possibly my highlight of the week.

Next week it's time for a haircut - my first since January because of the money saving spree!  There'll also be Xmas drinks with the girls (fingers crossed) and packing up and heading to Schneverdingen ready for my first German Xmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment