Saturday 21 January 2012

The Late Saturday Update

I know I'm extremely late with the update this week.  I've been putting it off to be honest, feeling a bit down today.  Had a mad hectic week at work which saw me work later on two nights instead of the usual one and plough through a load of marking on Friday but it's done now.  I was also extremely good on my diet.  No alcohol, cut down on snacks and pointed up my meals.  Also did zumba every day except the two when I worked late, and put 2.5lbs on!!  

I'm not giving up though.  I'm going to carry on being good for another week in the hope that this week will catch up with itself then.  I'm especially motivated by the Whole Foods talk on the reinvention programme this week.  Actually, we already do a lot of it but I've gotten some new gluten free recipes out of it and some new tips on ways to be even greener!  Yes - Germany is turning me into a complete hippy.

On the plus side, apart from the long day, open evening was very interesting.  It's a long time since I've done one and it felt good to promote the school and spend time talking with colleagues and finding out more about the system here (yes, stuff I should have been learning last year probably).  I must say though, this year has been much easier than last.  It's the first time I've ever spent two years at the same school and it's been great not having to learn a new system.  (Fingers crossed I won't have to do it again next year, eek.)

Thursday afternoon was also fun.  Had an unexpected dinner date with the other half - always nice.  We also took over Knigge cafe with Loreto and five other women who are all learning German.  It's becoming a weekly group meeting but I think we have to be careful or we'll be getting banned!  It's lovely to be practising my Spanish.  Also, I can't believe this coincidence - a Spanish girl on the German course with Loreto is from the next village along the coast in Spain from my ex-flatmate Mari...and her cousin knows her!  Talk about a small world, six degrees of seperation etc. 

So it's a quiet weekend ready for the last week of the semester and a loooong weekend for the half year holiday next week.  This week I may make it to the school concert, there is the usual Thursday afternoon coffees and at the moment not much else planned - I'll have to see where the week takes me.

A note on the non-negotiables:

My daily non-negotiable for the last two weeks has been to move more which I have on the whole achieved with zumba every day except those where I work late and today.  I'm planning to keep this up.

My weekly non-negotiables from last week completely went to pot.  I didn't make it to yoga.  I do wish they would do regular weekend classes.  I'm not putting on the list for next week because Monday would be the ideal day to go and I'm expecting a call from my French tutor.  So we'll see.  I did do my budget so just waiting for my bills to come in at the end of the month so I can put that into action.  Finally, with the French, I haven't completed the assignment yet as I had forgotten that I have to complete three lessons first but I did the first lesson on Sunday, plan to do one tomorrow and the third next week along with the assignment and, as I said, I have a meeting with the tutor on Monday.  So I'm making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment