Tuesday 17 January 2012

Parlez vous francais?

source
Two years ago, in a bid to make myself more employable to schools in England, I embarked upon a new French course with Oxford Open Learning.  The idea was to follow their distance learning A-Level course and sit the exam at the school I was working in at the time.  Last year, it got a little too much for me along side the MA I was studying for so I postponed the course for a year.  I recently received various reminders that my year off was up and I needed to get back to work.  Unfortunately it turns out that I won't be sitting the exam as the dates coincide with my own pupils' exams so I can't take the time off to travel back to England.  I even tried the International School here in Bremen but they only offer the International Baccalaureate.  
Despite all of this, I've decided to finish the course without sitting the exam, just for enjoyment.  I have to say, since taking that pressure off, I've enjoyed it much more already!  I got all my files out on Sunday evening and did a whole lesson in one go, which I've never done before.  Two more lessons to go and I can turn in my next assignment!  Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment