Wednesday 22 February 2012

Chicken Soup for the Soul

My new book arrived yesterday.  After a recommendation from a friend, I bought this book.  It's quite inspirational and already made me cry when my friend quoted me a particular story from this.  When I saw her copy I thought she was crazy with all her page markers and turned corners but now I see why.  The stories are fantastic.  There are 101 in all and I have decided to read one per day for two reasons.  First of all, and it even says this in the introduction, it would be really easy to power through them but I wouldn't really be taking them in and focusing on the meaning of each one.  Secondly, I would be through the book in no time.  Luckily, there are a number of more specific editions for when I am finished!

Here's today's quote:

Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house.  Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next-door neighbour. . . Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.  Be the living expression of God's kindness, kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting.
Mother Teresa 


No comments:

Post a Comment