Tuesday 7 February 2012

'Greening' the beauty regime

Another great topic on the Reinvention Project last week was how to make your beauty routine more green!  Going for all things healthy and hippy at the moment, I've spent some time looking into this.  Basically it is about using products that have fewer harmful chemicals.

First I did some research here.  This is a great site and resource which tells you on a scale of 0 (very good) - 10 (very bad) how healthy certain products or ingredients are.  I was happy to see that many of the Clinique products I use are quite good at around four points and the Avon ones are slightly higher at around six on average.  Unfortunately many of the products I buy and use here in Germany aren't on the American database but the good news is that individual ingredients are so I can still be more aware.  

My first step was buying a non-aerosol deodorant and I'm planning to buy another to keep at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment