Saturday 3 March 2012

The Saturday Update

What a week!


Last weekend, after the update, we had a lovely dinner with Ed and Loreto which was great fun and led to such new discoveries as La Batamanta.  We then had a nice lazy Sunday.  No walk this week due to bad weather but it was a lovely day.  I finished two classics over the weekend - The Importance of Being Earnest and The Catcher in the Rye - so it felt productive anyway.

On Monday I got back into Zumba which felt great.  I'm planning on doing it more often last week as I only managed it once this week but it was better than not at all!  I also got on the bike again this week.  I've started off lightly by just cycling to Roland Center instead of getting the bus there.  I'm hoping that building it up steadily this time may help with the weight loss.  I missed it on Tuesday and Wednesday as something fell off the bike (to do with gears) and Nico repaired it for me so I finished the week off strong.

On Tuesday I spent the evening correcting my year eight exams and getting them all entered online which I finished around 9pm.  I also caught up with my best friend in England which was great as she has been in South Africa for almost three weeks for a wedding and had lots to tell me. 

Wednesday was a nice normal day.  (And payday so booking a trip is on this week's to do list.)  I also had a bit of free time at work today so I managed to fit in re-writing the year nine exam.  They had stolen a copy of it from my desk last week and although they eventually returned it, I'm quite sure they were smart enough to photograph it first so it felt great to be able to pay them back a little and while half of them didn't turn up, of those who did write the exam, about half got a grade 5 or lower.

Thursday was the first of my new informal English conversation group session.  It turned into quite a drama when one of the ladies spilled a boiling hot cup of water on her lap and we had to call her an ambulance.  She was okay but had to spend two nights in hospital!  What a palaver - hope next week is less dramatic!

Friday was a nice end to the week.  It's been such a productive one that we could relax in the afternoon and crack on with my new read Fall of Giants by Ken Follett which I am really enjoying.  Unfortunately my Gran was admitted to hospital yesterday though.  She's been having breathing difficulties since she went to two funerals on Monday and her heart rate is erratic but she was in good spirits and keeping the staff and other patients entertained the last I heard so hopefully she won't be there for too long.

This morning showed that the cycling and zumba has paid off (it must be that because I have been naughty enough with the diet) and I lost 5.5lbs which puts me at my lowest weight for the year!  I'm planning on making March count more than February did so no slacking this week.  My goals are to do Zumba at least twice, three times if possible.  To cycle to Roland Center every day and weather permitting, to school one day.  To get to yoga at least once this week. 

Have a good week!


No comments:

Post a Comment