Tuesday 24 April 2012

28 things...Learn to Knit Again

When I was little (in primary school kind of little), my parents and my aunts taught me how to knit.  I don't remember what I managed to make, I just remember that someone always had to start me off and that I quite enjoyed it.  I don't really know why I stopped.  I've been sewing again for months, but not knitting.  It was a big part of my childhood as my Mum used to knit professionally and always seemed to have a project on the go when I was young.

This year, when making my 28 things list, I decided it was something that I wanted to learn again, and not just knitting but also how to start myself off with a project and see it through to completion without help.

When he came to visit over Easter, my Dad bought me this brilliant little starter kit.



He was a little put off by the idea of buying me a children's kit and in German but I insisted I wanted to start small to make sure that I got the hang of it and learnt properly again.  With the kit and a little help from youtube, I started the first of the mini projects in the kit, a bookmark and even managed to finish it in the same evening.




Once I got going, I remembered easily, the hardest part was getting started but I figured it out.  I was so pleased with how quickly I picked it up again.  I can't wait to start the next project in the kit!


No comments:

Post a Comment