Saturday 21 April 2012

The Saturday Update

It's been another good week this week, I can't believe how fast the time is going!  I've had a full week at work, including a relatively successful parents' day, coffees with Loreto and Taisiya who I hadn't seen since before the Easter holidays and made great progress on my latest knitting project as well as starting some origami!!  More on all that to come this week.

Last Saturday we had a great day as we got out early and cycled into town for the first time this year to do a little shopping and have some lunch.  Now that Spring is here, it feels great to be on the bike more.  In fact, I have been on the bike every day for twelve days now, and even cycled to work and back yesterday.  As long as the weather stays like this, I intend to keep it up.  I'm a little disappointed though as it hasn't paid off on the scales...I've stayed the same for another week.  It may be time to get back to meetings if I don't make progress soon.

On Sunday we headed to Nico's Gran's for her birthday which was a busy and fun occasion.  Nico showed me around the farm too which was fun.  Cows are bigger and a little scarier than I remembered!

On Thursday I had coffee with Loreto in the Schnoor.  It was a nice little coffee shop, we went there because they allow dogs.  Yes, this week I got to meet Luna for the first time.  For the first half an hour or so, I wondered what all the fuss was about, where was this crazy dog I had heard so much about.  Then, while we were drinking coffee and talking and Luna couldn't roam around anymore, the dark side came out and so did the teeth!  Luckily, she is like Pete and when she bites, it's just playful but not being a dog person, I didn't really like it, and neither did the poor woman behind us in the book shop later, oops.  

While in the Schnoor, we also checked out the paper model shop and I bought a couple of little models that stick together with split pins so we had fun with those yesterday too.

Next week is the last full week at work before the long bank holiday weekend, there will be more girly coffees, more crafting, more cycling and hopefully the end of the latest knitting project and maybe the start of a new one!


No comments:

Post a Comment