Tuesday 29 May 2012

The Usual Suspects

source
I believe I watched part of this film before, I think it was when I took media studies but I'm not sure.  During my media studies AS level, we watched clips of several films that left me wanting more, many of which I still haven't gotten around to.  Another one that pops to mind is Shallow Grave.  One that I definitely did not want to see again as it falls into one of my two least favourite catagories (Westerns and alien films) is The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Anyway, last week I was doing some ordering on Amazon and found The Usual Suspects at a good price and we watched it at the weekend.  At first, it put me in the mind of Reservoir Dogs in that it was a crime thriller and had flashbacks however, although I loved Reservoir Dogs, I much preferred The Usual Suspects.  For me, it required more thought from the viewer, both films had good twists but somehow, this one was better for me.  I am my father's daughter and had this one figured out before the end but there was a lot of drama and suspense as well as a host of brilliant actors.  I won't spoil things, but I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment