Tuesday 26 June 2012

Anne Frank

Anne Frank's Diary
On Saturday I headed to Neue Vahr Nord to see the Anne Frank exhibition that is on there at the moment.  Entry is free and it was really interesting.  My friend invited me because she knows I am going to Amsterdam in August and hoping to visit the Anne Frank House.  It was a great preparation exhibition in that it wasn't amazing but it had lots of information and excitingly a complete copy of the diary.  It was very moving too with lots of quotes from her friends and family as well as from Anne herself.  It's amazing what a forward thinking and bright young woman she was, it certainly makes you wonder how things might have been.

The day falls in to the same category as the one on which I visited Auschwitz during a trip to Poland.  It's something that is incredibly interesting, important and impossible to miss for someone who studied German history but at the same time, can't be described as an enjoyable experience.  It was certainly though provoking and the exhibition here in Bremen would be great for some of the kids at school, though I think the older ones would appreciate it the most.

2 comments:

  1. Have you seen this:

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18549657

    Thought you might find it interesting on the back of this post

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rebekah. Just read it. I can't believe how much is going on about Anne Frank at the moment, right when I'm planning our trip to Amsterdam! Fantastic!

    x

    ReplyDelete