Thursday 14 June 2012

Latest Knitting Project



When my Mum came to visit she brought me a mountain of knitting materials: needles, wool, patterns...  (thank you Mum!)  I had a browse and after getting over how difficult and professional it all looked, picked out this little project to get me started.  It took about a week in total and I still need to get hold of some little buttons to complete it, but I am pleased as punch with the results.  

During this project I learned to use a new stitch, to increase the number of stitches on a row, to separate pieces and to sew pieces together.  It wasn't all easy - I actually managed to knit two left shoes (oops) before I got it right but you can see the result above.  

My best friend is expecting in August so these will be winging their way to her soon but as she doesn't yet know if she's having a boy or a girl, I kept the pattern gender neutral with white.  I plan to stick to the original pattern and knit some lovely colourful stripes into a new pair when we know more!

No comments:

Post a Comment