Saturday 23 June 2012

The Saturday Update

It's been another busy one this week though somewhat less stressful than the week before.  We had a nice quiet weekend, which I spent mostly catching up on my reading and my cross stitch project.  

It was another full week at work with the issues there slowly resolving themselves.  We had a meeting with my year nines and their class teachers and if nobody owns up by Monday, class trips will be cancelled.  They also wrote their exam this week in which the usual culprits skyved off and those who are good wrote the test so it was more of a pleasure to mark.  My boss has also been onto the council and it looks like things are improving there - I'll be satisfied when the contract is signed but he told me not to worry.

I've had coffee with two friends, cycled to work one day and had a fun but purse damaging shopping trip on Friday afternoon.  It was great to finally catch up with Loreto and also to see some of our other friends there for lunch.  We had a surreal trip to the Nepalese clothes shop where of course Loreto is on first name terms with the owners who served us up some green tea.  I was sorely tempted to lift the clothes ban and get some summery, comfy new things but I resisted.

I did treat myself to a new Pandora charm but I think I earned it given that I had confirmation that I have passed my Masters!!  I still can't quite believe it.  Photos will follow, along with champagne when I have the certificate in my hand but there's a little thing called proofing and binding to come before that.

This morning I am heading to an Anne Frank exhibition with my Russian friend Taisiya which should be interesting.  Then there's a project to finish and that proofing to do so it's going to be a busy one.  Having stayed the same this week I'm going to be making a good healthy no snack plan for the weekend and squeezing some Zumba in at some point.  Hope you have a great week too.

No comments:

Post a Comment