Saturday 30 June 2012

The Saturday Update

It's been something of a crazy week again this week.  First of all I had to edit my dissertation and submit it for printing and binding online which took two evenings, a lot of wine and another hit on the card.  Can you believe that had I wanted the copies sending to me rather than to my tutor directly, it would have cost £110 for postage!!  That's several times what it costs for the binding!  Anyway that is done now so just my certificate to wait for before we pop the champagne!

Work is getting a little tedious at the moment.  It's an incredibly long year this year and most of my classes are at the end of units where I really don't want to start a new one for the sake of two weeks.  (The last week is project week.)  It's led to several DVDs with worksheets and taking the kids outdoors to work...just two more weeks to fill.  Next week is oral exams for year ten which at least means no lessons on Monday for the other classes and possible chaos on Tuesday as some classes are there and some not...  We will see how that all goes.

I had a lovely coffee with my Russian friend on Tuesday and lunch with Loreto and a new Spanish friend on Friday so that's been lovely.  Discussing Spanish grammar while sunning ourselves on the roof of the restaurant was fun!  Getting caught in the downpour on the way home wasn't!  Neither was the hayfever which was fine up until Friday.  I'm trying to decide whether the weather or the cycling through green areas is having more of an affect since I was fine for the rest of the week.

I've stayed the same this week which is not a surprise.  I really need to get my backside into gear for the new month.  I'm trying to give myself a new goal each week.  This week I went without fizzy drinks, next week I'm also cutting the alcohol to give my body a break and making sure I take my makeup off every night!  

I finally finished my German book - Neue Vahr Sud.  Very pleased with myself for getting through that.  It wasn't a difficult read, just long but the story was good so it was easier to read.  Now I'm into part two of the Hunger Games.  We both want to read the whole trilogy so we can go see the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment