Saturday 21 July 2012

The Saturday Update

This week was relatively calm after the chaos of the week before.  It didn't get off to the best start when I was thrown in the deep end with a notorious class I didn't know well during project week because their teacher was off.  However, we made it through the three day project in one piece and by the end of it I was asking myself what all the fuss was about this class.

We also said goodbye to three colleagues this week who are all retiring.  That was sad and nice at the same time, especially as one of them is my head of department - Spanish.  It's crazy to think how long they had been at the school (100 years between them!) and also how good they looked on it!  

Finally on the work front, the week was also spent with the exciting task of setting up our new classroom, year team office and getting to know the team a bit better.  I really enjoyed that and am so excited about next year!


So that is it...we now have six weeks of freedom and I am really excited about it!  So much to look forward to!  We started off with a crazy afternoon building the new wardrobe which we still had to finish this morning!  It looks great though - more on that later.  It was a bad week on the weight front with three pounds on!  It wasn't a great shock as we polished off the wine from last week's party this week but I had stayed off cheese so I didn't think it would be so bad.  The good news is that I'm off to a great start for this week and plan to be much more focused as I don't have work as an excuse!  

Next week will be quiet although we are heading out for lunch tomorrow and have a couple of skype sessions planned.  I also need to chase up my new contract and book the train for Amsterdam...so maybe it will be busy after all but full of nice happy things!  Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment