Saturday 29 September 2012

The Saturday Update

It's been the busiest week so far but we're over halfway to the holidays now!!  Parents' Evening on Tuesday was the real kicker as I didn't get in until 10pm!  I've cycled all week again so you can imagine the joy of my first bike ride home in the dark at that time of night.  We bought some fluorescent vests lately and it's a good job although it didn't help the truck driver spot me on Friday morning - good job I have my wits about me!

There have been several high points of the week - namely losing 500g at Weightwatchers on Monday, coffee with Loreto on Wednesday and snuggle time with Nico - what cold weather was made for.  This afternoon should be another one as we are going bowling with friends.  I can't remember the last time I went bowling and I've never been in Germany.  Should be good fun anyway.

Work has been especially stressful with colleagues off sick and some fall outs in the year group but I think everyone is just feeling the pressure at the moment.  Hopefully the bank holiday next week and the downward slide into the Autumn holidays will help people feel better.

We've been getting into the Killing series one and I've been reading Dracula.  These combined to make my me time in the flat yesterday a little more angsty than usual.  You know when your mind runs away with itself.  It was a bit like the time I watched Sixth Sense and didn't dare get out of bed in the dark for months after in case something reached out and grabbed me!

Anyway, here's to a more stress and angst free week next week.  Looking forward to Wednesday off - especially as it's our anniversary.  Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment