Saturday 27 October 2012

The Saturday Update

Well it's been a mixed up week here with a little bit of everything but also one of the most relaxing weeks of the year.

We started out in the Harz on Monday with the last day of our trip and the outing to Bad Harzburg - more on that tomorrow - before heading back to Bremen.  We enjoyed our last night with Dad until Christmas with good food, wine, and conversation.

Tuesday was hectic - we had a lovely lunch at the airport with Dad before seeing him through security (only for him to have a two hour delay - Ryanair are not all that!).  Then we headed off across Bremen to pick Pete up.  I always love when he gets straight in his box as it means he wants to come home!!  Next week we will be taking him with us to Nico's parents' for his Mum's birthday so we are all looking forward to that.

Wednesday was our quiet day where we didn't leave the flat.  We got all our washing and cleaning done as well as our usual bits and pieces.  I finally picked up my knitting again and have been making some progress.  I finished one book and started The Unconsoled - not impressed so far but will keep you updated on that one.  

On Thursday I had a fun morning cycling round Huchting to get some chores done - Pete finally got his medication, bills paid, stamps bought, food shopping etc...  I tried a new recipe - chickpea and spinach curry (from Zest magazine).  It was delicious!  I wrote a reply to my newest penpal in New York - a four page essay in the end but I love getting to know new pen friends!  In the evening we watched the second instalment of The Godfather - so long it required two DVDs!  I actually liked it more than the first I think.  I loved the historical side of it in the flashbacks.

Yesterday we headed into Bremen early to get some errands run again and had a lovely lunch together in town.  Afterwards we relaxed, cooked goulash and I started my new crossstitch as well as some more knitting.

So it has been a hectic week but I feel soooo relaxed, no doubt it will last about two minutes when I get back to school but at least we have another week before that!  I didn't get to Weightwatchers this week so no update there - though I have been at the Zumba again at last so hopefully that will make up for some other holiday indulgences.  

Next week we are heading to Schneverdingen for a couple of days over Nico's Mum's birthday.  We have a spooky film night planned for Halloween.  And then it is games night and chance to catch up with some good friends on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment