Wednesday 2 January 2013

New Year's Eve - German Style!

As I've probably mentioned many times now, this New Year's Eve was my first in Germany.  In fact, I believe it was my first outside of Morley...  I really enjoyed trying some new traditions this year: melting lead and setting off fireworks.  Okay the latter isn't completely new but it's much bigger in Germany and it was the first time I have ever lit one myself.










The lead melting was fun but as I was warned, most of the results looked like tear drops.  We thought some could also have been birds which tended to be lucky on the list of results but lots of things weren't on the list.  I'd definitely try it again.






The fireworks were also fun.  The pictures came out fairly well too.  It was nothing compared to what actually went off at midnight but it was fun for us and I'm no longer scared of them!  You can even see me running away from that first one, having lit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment