Wednesday 27 March 2013

Fantastic weekend in England

With Mum
So after a few days away from the computer, I'm back.  I wasn't taking a break really as the last few days have been manic.  The aim of the trip was to find the bridesmaids' dresses and have the hen night.  It looked a bit bleak at times but we managed it and fit in a whole lot more besides.

Hayley and Isla - our little flower girl
I woke up on the day of my flight to a window of snow!  Luckily it didn't settle and the flight was fine.  The first signs of trouble came as we drove back over the Pennines to Leeds and saw the weather warnings for the day after.  The plan had been to go to the Trafford centre to shop but it quickly went out the window.

My best friends - Loreto and Hayley
The next morning - there were inches of snow and we weren't sure we'd even make it into Leeds let alone whether one bridesmaid would make it up from Derby but it the end it went well and we all got there.  After a Starbucks, we explored the new Trinity shopping centre which had opened just the day before.  

My sister Briony and cousin Christina
I have to say the centre is huge and very modern but as it was my first shopping trip with a baby along, I was unimpressed at the low number of lifts in the place.  We managed though.  The shopping was not successful - Leeds was not as ready for us as we thought with several stores not having the bridal sections we were hunting.  In the end we stopped for lunch at TGI Fridays before heading back to the White Rose for the BHS bridal store.


There we found a lovely dress that we had seen online - no spoilers on here before the big day though.  Not everyone was 100% happy but the dress looked great on all of the girls and we ordered them there and then.  We also found some fab dresses for the hen night - more on that when I get some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment