Saturday 13 April 2013

The Saturday Update

Where did this week go?  No sooner am I gearing myself up for the first full week back at work than I'm taking a sigh of relief as it over!  

Work went well, the next few weeks are going to be all over the place with parents' day, reading night, London and several bank holidays as well as the big exams coming up so it was nice to have one normal week between now and June.  I feel liks I'm finally getting to grips with work after two years of settling into the system and the language, I'm feeling more in control and more confident in my teaching than ever before.

I also went on another training course this week on inclusion in English which was fairly interesting and useful, especially as we got freebies to use with our classes.  I already put a couple of things into practice and am looking forward to using more of the ideas.

The weather has been warmer, but along with that it's been wetter and the bike has started playing up again, so I may need to be more proactive on that front soon. 

The exciting thing for me this week was completing my next sewing project.  I was planning on moving onto it this weekend but managed to finish it much quicker than expected on Thursday - I'll post about that soon.

This weekend is going to be a nice quiet one, maybe working on a couple more projects but mainly making the most of our time together before I head to London next week with school.  We were back from our 'big shop' by 10am and had a lovely big breakfast (I lost two pounds this week so could afford it).

On the book front I am still ploughing through Les Mis.  Hopefully, I will be able to finish it on the bus back from London...let's see...

No comments:

Post a Comment