Monday 22 April 2013

Things I am looking forward to this week...

source
Don't get me wrong, I love living in Germany and so many things are better about my life there, but it does make me appreciate my home country a little more when I'm there. 

This week, we are hitting Oxford Street, Harrods, Buckingham Palace, Camden Market, the London Eye, Madame Tussaud's and the Thames, among others.  Some I have seen before and some are new to me.  I will really be appreciating the little things mentioned above though.

I'm also looking forward to seeing my pupils' reactions to the trip and finding out what they find new, fun and strange.  In the preparation lessons, the main thing that stood out was that they don't like vinegar on their chips and expect paprika on them...I think I have prepared them well but at the end of the day, these little things are exactly what make those trips so memorable.  

I will certainly never forget taking an instant disliking to German black bread, but loving the houses and the pro-Europe attitude.  I was also completely shocked by the liberal attitude when it comes to nudity on a trip to the theatre but maybe that is a whole other story.

No comments:

Post a Comment