Tuesday 11 June 2013

Macaroons!

It's been a while since I did much in the kitchen.  It's more Nico's realm in there and he keeps me fed with delicious dishes all the time so I get a little lazy.  However, lately we have been watching the Little Paris Kitchen as well as some other cooking programmes, and with everything else going on around here, I began to feel inspired again. 

I browsed through my gluten free cookbook and found some new recipes to try.  Normally when a recipe requires just egg whites or egg yolks rather than whole eggs, I skip over it as I don't like waste and I can't separate eggs anyway but lately Nico has been making Hollandaise sauces and had some egg whites left over so this recipe for coconut macaroons caught my eye.

It was very simple and quick, and needed relatively few ingredients so I made these on Saturday night while we were watching our new favourite series.  Needless to say, they didn't last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment