Saturday 8 June 2013

The Saturday Update

Whew, what a week.  It was my first 'normal' full week of work since April this week and I am really feeling it.

The back / shoulder problem is much better, just bothering me on a morning.  I am waiting on a call back from a physio to get going on that.

The weather has been crazy hot this week so despite my good intentions and good start, the running gradually fell off.  I am planning to pick it up and catch up some miles over the weekend when I can run on a morning before it gets too hot, and before I get too tired.  However, I have been keeping things up with all the cycling and running around at work.

Afternoons have been mainly taken up with wedding planning.  I was at the council offices on Monday for my appointment to get the license sorted, only for them to tell me the next (and thankfully final) stage can take up to eight weeks!!  It's out of our hands now so we're just keeping everything crossed.  On Wednesday we had the DJ round and we really like him.  He is experienced and really seems to know what he is doing so it was good to have a few more plans in place.  I managed to rearrange our dress fittings for a week later so that one of my bridesmaids can come with me and I bought my accessories for the day.  The gift list went live yesterday and there were some alterations to make on there before that.  Finally, Nico emailed the venue to confirm the menu and firm up slightly on numbers (we're still waiting on some RSVPs).  So all in all a crazy week but we are some steps closer to walking down the aisle.

At work it has all been about the reports, I managed to finalize and enter all my grades yesterday so that is a relief because next week I have to plan project week (the last week of term) and start on my planning for next year as I won't have much time over the Summer.  I can't believe how fast this year has gone - not surprising given that it was very short - about eight weeks shorter than next year!  We're also getting numbers in for a possible Spain trip next year, which is exciting.

This weekend, I'm hoping to sort out our back balcony and get back into crafting - watching my posture of course - as well as catching up on that running.  Have a great weekend wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment