Saturday 6 July 2013

The Saturday Update

Well what a week - or two weeks given that I missed last week's update.

We finished off the school year in style with a play from one of the year five classes - telling the story of the Bremen musicians, before giving out our first ever class reports.




On the first day of the holidays we headed off to England for a week of catching up with friends and family.  On the Friday we had my Dad's side of the family over along with some friends.




On Saturday we had a get together at my Mum's and got train tickets booked for those coming to the wedding.  We stayed overnight and headed off early on Sunday to do the Race for Life in Cheshire before a lovely Sunday lunch at Blacker Hall Farm and dinner at my sister's.



On Monday we drove down to London for the Michael Buble concert which was fantastic.






We had a lovely day shopping in Milton Keynes on Tuesday before we drove back up to Morley for a lovely dinner with Dad and Gran.

On our last day we went to the National Mining Museum.  My Gran's husband was a miner and even though she has never been underground there, she loves to go for a look around.  Nico and I did go down the mine itself and take the tour.  It was really interesting (I only had vague memories from going down there as a child) and before we knew it, we'd been down there eighty minutes!  I can't believe they are threatening to close this little gem.  It's a great museum for young and old.

Afterwards, I played dominoes with Gran.





And after dinner, we took part in the pub quiz and our friend won!




We had a short flight on Thursday and a quiet day on Friday, getting lots done and basically, this weekend will be more of the same.

Next week we have a fairly slow week but at the same time, lots to do depending how the weekend goes.  On Monday we are going to Schneverdingen to pick out our flowers, on Tuesday I am catching up with a friend I haven't seen for a while and Thursday is Nico's birthday so we will be out and about for that!  My aim is to do as much as possible this week so that there is as little stress as possible the week after - 13 days and counting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment