Saturday 21 September 2013

The Saturday Update

How was you week?  Here it's been busy again, a little too busy really as we are both a little run down and in need of the holidays already with still two and a half weeks to go!

Anyway, not to focus on the negative.  This week I have been working my way through the Project Life course which  is really inspiring me and giving me lots of new ideas so watch out for those!

We had a colleague and his wife over for dinner last week which was really nice.  They gave us some good tips for Denmark so we finally booked our train tickets on Sunday morning and are all set to go now!  Can't wait!

I went to a seminar run by the union.  Things are moving along nicely on that front and hopefully we will have a more active school after the staff meeting next week.  Talking politics, it's nice to have some influence while nationally I have none despite the big election tomorrow!  To be honest, I think the system here is only marginally better than in the UK where I honestly wouldn't know who to vote for any more.  The lines between the parties are so blurred that it hardly seems to make a difference any more....

Moving on...it was a productive week in getting lots of bits and pieces done in town and with the name change still.  I like having all the official things done so that I can focus more on the personal.

At work, we took part in the Weserhelden sponsored run / walk on Thursday which was a nice day out.  It was nice to have time to talk to colleagues and as always, good to see the kids doing something different.

This weekend is a quiet one as Nico has to work for the election tomorrow.  I am going to get caught up on that Project Life course, catch up with friends and family and finish my planning for my first evening classes next week.  It's going to be a mad week with meetings, new classes and training but just one and a half weeks to go to the holidays now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment