Saturday 28 September 2013

The Saturday Update

Phew, what a week!  I don't think we have had a week as busy as this since we went back to school.  How we got through it - remembering that the weekend would come, after that it's just three days to the long holidays, and enjoying the fact that being so busy made the week fly by too.

It was a full week on the work front.  I went back on Monday feeling very calm and relaxed after a long quiet weekend of ticking of lists and doing yoga.  That lasted about ten minutes after I got into school.  I've had several classes sitting their first exams this week so lots of marking to do.  On Wednesday we had the big union meeting followed by a protest in town and then my evening classes began this week so it was a looong day.

My evening classes are both beginners this time which is new for me so while I think they went okay, I really need to work on my skills if the courses are going to be successful.

Our wedding presents from our John Lewis gift list arrived on Monday.  I can't recommend them enough.  From the day we enquired about setting up a list with them, they have been on top of everything.  We were worried about the cost of European delivery (it's free in the UK), but in the end it came to £9!!  I thought they had made a typo in the email when I read that!  Highly recommended!

I'm also enjoying regularly getting into new recipes and craft projects at the moment.  I hope I have the time and energy to continue this for a while yet.

Tonight we have friends coming over for a long missed games night and tomorrow will be quiet and relaxing before that last short week!

No comments:

Post a Comment