Sunday 15 September 2013

The World is Our Oyster!

 Over the Summer, I visited my best friend in her new house and saw this amazing world map on her wall.  I had never seen anything like it before and couldn't believe what an amazing idea it was!  Of course, considering myself a citizen of the world, I had to run off and buy myself one at the first opportunity.

The principle is that you visit a new country and then scratch it off on the map (like a lotto scratchcard) until you have uncovered it all!  Of course, as a newlywed and considering that this huge map is going on display in our flat, I wanted to make it a rule that we only scratch off countries that we have visited together and I added a second rule that we have to have spent at least one night there - driving through France to get to the ferry does not count.
Of course, that means we have a pitiable tiny area of the map already scratched off - a whole five countries (cue debate on whether the UK counts as one or four)!  Anyway, number six will be coming off next month too and it just shows how much of a bright exciting future we have ahead of us!  Just like my friend's husband, I am now extra keen to visit Russia!

No comments:

Post a Comment