Saturday 14 December 2013

The Saturday Update

So after a nice relaxed weekend last weekend, it has been something of a mad week but it has flown by - just ten days to Christmas!

On Monday we had an unofficial colleague Christmas get together at the Christmas Market in Bremen as I won't be at the official one this week.  We were also celebrating for a colleague whose trial period is over for her promotion so that was extra nice.

Tuesday was a long day at work with meetings and a load of marking to get through but it is all done now and things are winding down for the holidays so that is good!

As usual I had my evening classes on Wednesday and we arranged to have class at the market next week so I must organise that still but it won't be as late a finish as usual which is nice because I had to have an afternoon nap this week - I feel like an old woman!

On Thursday our guests arrived and we had a lovely meal - thank you Nico - and a relaxed night before the busy weekend.

On Friday I met mum after work and we went for lunch at the Christmas market and did some clothes shopping in the afternoon.  It's the first time I have bought new clothes in ages and it was time so I'm pleased we did that.  Then we had dinner at our favourite Persian restaurant - Apadana - it was delicious and filling and we were all glad we went and glad to walk off the meal later and enjoy the views from the river.

This weekend we are doing a little more shopping, baking, game playing and visiting the in-laws so it will be busy but not too busy and of course next week is the last week at work already!  Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment