Saturday 11 January 2014

The Saturday Update

Hello there!  It has been a very busy week around here and I made up for it with an extra long lie in this morning.  I am starting to get my energy back after the first trimester but work is managing to zap it all again in what is always the worst month of the school year for us.

At the same time, it was nice in a way to be back at work with colleagues and the kids.  On Friday we took a trip to the theater which I really enjoyed - and so did the class.

Apart from that, we (by which I mean Nico) managed to get everything sorted for our new car this week, which we should be getting on Friday.  Car insurance is a whole other world here (in England I basically compared meerkats and had it all arranged at the click of a button) and I really struggled to get my head around it.  Luckily I have an amazing husband who is way more logical and scientific than I am.

On Tuesday we had another scan.  All is on track.  We didn't get a full picture this time, we got one of the head and one of the tummy which were both measured and on track.  Now we are researching which hospital we want to go to even though here, you don't have to decide until much nearer the time.

The flat is more or less back to it's normal state with no Christmas decorations, everything unpacked and put away, and no furry beast to leave hair everywhere yet.  There are a few new additions with all our lovely gifts and 2014 goals to prepare for.  I'm really feeling good about 2014 though and I am going to enjoy this quiet weekend.

Next week is going to be even more crazy with open evening meaning two late nights, a drive to the in-laws in the new car to pick up the furry beast and a meeting with the colleague who is going to be taking over my evening classes.  I am so looking forward to getting my Wednesday evenings back even though I love the students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment