Tuesday 18 February 2014

Pregnancy Advice

While I feel really blessed that we are expecting a little one in June, what has surprised me the most about being pregnant is how scary it can be.  I always knew that the idea of giving birth can be quite scary but I didn't expect to worry quite so much for the whole nine months! 

First, you just want to get through those magical twelve weeks, and it does get easier when the morning sickness eases but there are so many things to think about that I don't think it will ever quite go away - I mean even when the baby is here there will be lots to worry about.

As the time draws closer, I am finally starting to but some of the worrying aside and start to get excited and I thought I would share some of my sources of information and inspiration with you today.

I check out most of the technical stuff here and here.

Many of my favourite blogs also have many posts on their experiences with pregnancy and parenthood.  You can see them here, here and here.

Apart from that, of course friends and family who have been through pregnancy can be invaluable - especially close family as you obviously share a medical history.

If you are like me and experiencing this in a whole new setting, it can be useful to network with friends and colleagues.  I am incredibly lucky that we have had nine babies born at our school since I started working there, five colleagues currently pregnant, and some of those are also to bilingual parents so I have a wealth of information which is handy when trying to navigate the complex German way of doing things.

Most of all, try to relax and if you are really worried about something - go to the doctor.  They must be used to lots of worried mums but safe is always better than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment