Saturday 15 March 2014

The Saturday Update

This week was a short week at work as I spent Monday and Tuesday sweating out a cold at home.  As usual with these things, the mornings were worse so we made it to the hospital tour on Monday evening and I was still not 100% on Wednesday but it was nice to be back with my classes.

I think being pregnant meant that I was knocked a little harder than usual as I couldn't just blitz this cold with lemsip like I usually do and we had to find as many homeopathic remedies as we could.  They took a little longer but eventually did the trick.

Despite the setback, I made some progress with my March goals this week - I picked up my contact lenses, spoke to my boss about cover for my lessons, Skyped with my best friend, took the maternity ward tour and got a haircut!  Whew!  

We're planning a quiet weekend but I hope to get some more goals off the list over the next couple of days too.  I also spent most of the week reading Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy and am looking forward to finishing that and indulging in the film over the weekend too.

Apart from that I got back into knitting - more to come on that - and we watched a new series, dubbed into German, called 'The Bridge'.  It's a crime drama set between Denmark and Sweden.  It was really good - I like Scandanavian series and films.

We also experienced this this week and it was really nice to see a sign of things to come hopefully.  It brought out the wildlife and I watched what I thought was a black and white squirrel in the garden the other morning - I now think it may have been a marten!

Next week is already the last week without year nine - a couple of whom I randomly ran into on their work experience places this week - but still, a full work week so I will be spending the next two days relaxing before it starts again!

No comments:

Post a Comment