Friday 18 April 2014

Basil Update

It's a rainy day here and I had forgotten that Germany is extra religious so everything stays closed on Easter Friday. As a result, we have put off our Munster trip until a future visit and have been doing bits and bobs around the flat. If it brightens up later, we'll head out somewhere closer to home. 

The basil has been thriving and in order to help it along we separated it into three pots today. My amazingly patient gardening teacher showed me how to separated out the roots and replant them. He even got me to leave the gardening gloves to one side for such a delicate job and made me up some special water for the roots.

I love having my own little green project going and the basil smells wonderful and fresh already. So looking forward to some nice salads this summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment