Monday 28 April 2014

Kindle

It's been almost month now with my new tablet and one of the big benefits is the Kindle feature. Knowing what a bookworm I am, it's one of Nico's reasons for getting me the tablet. I'm currently reading Tess of the d'Urbervilles and while I will never be completely torn away from a good old-fashioned paperback, there are many benefits to Kindle:

  • You can download most of the old classics for free. This is brilliant for me in my goal to read the BBC's top 100 list as many are classics - hence starting with Tess of the d'Urbervilles.
  • It's easier to read on the go. I tend to have the tablet with me all the time for work and email so it is quick, light and easy to pick up in a quiet moment.
  • I love the statistics - it's quite motivating to see how many pages to go. I especially love that it calculates roughly how long it will take to finish the chapter so I can decide on a night whether to start the next chapter or not when I am tired.
  • I had worried about my eyes and getting headaches from reading this way but I normally read with the brightness at the halfway point and haven't suffered yet.
I can't recommend the Kindle enough. I will be using it a lot from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment