Thursday 24 April 2014

Languages Link

source
As regular readers will know, I am a languages teacher and having studied English, German, Spanish, French, Catalan and Russian at different times in my life as well as teaching languages, I am always on the lookout for new resources.

I mentioned duolingo a while ago and I still use this free site regularly to keep up with my Spanish and German. However, they are not yet offering Turkish. I've been keen to learn Turkish for a while as we have many pupils from Turkish backgrounds, and it is one of my 2014 goals.

Recently a colleague recommended babbel. The only downside is that the site is not free - it costs around five euros a month depending on which payment package you opt for. However, I have been using the site (and the app) for around a month now and am making much better progress than with a course book. I find the interactive method and review options so much more useful.

They also offer a wide range of languages so it's worth a look even if your linguistic interests lie elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment