Wednesday 25 June 2014

Heinz Ruhmann

source
When I'm not being too lazy, I like to watch more German films; both for entertainment and to improve my language skills. 

A few years ago, Nico introduced me to the Feuerzangenbowle - a Christmas film. It was good but it was back when I struggled to follow feature length films. 

It came as part of a set and recently we watched the Pauker - a film all about a teacher who turns around  that difficult class. This time I followed the whole thing without subtitles and really enjoyed it.

Then, when Isabella was born, Nico bought her a musical toy with changeable tunes. One was a lullaby which I knew straight away and the other, I had no idea what it was. Nico couldn't believe I didn't know it and immediately ordered the film it comes from - another Heinz Ruhmann classic he grew up with - Wenn der Vater mit dem Sohne. We watched it this week and it was another one I loved and could follow easily.

I really recommend these films for anyone who speaks German and especially for those who are learning.

P.S. Here's that lovely lullaby.


No comments:

Post a Comment