Thursday 12 June 2014

Sewing Project 2014: 12 - Baby T-shirt

Nico recently bought this book in German to bring us some inspiration for new projects. He finished a little double sided Buddha jacket in no time and I started with this simple newborn t-shirt.

I love the finished product. It's the first time I've ever made clothing and it was good to start small. I'm especially pleased with the ribbing around the neck but also with my first ever attempt at sleeves.

It's certainly not perfect - it wasn't easy working with stretch material and the zigzag hems are a bit messy - I would stick to the straight stitch for future projects. However, any new project is a learning curve and I'm still riding this wave of sewing inspiration at the moment.

Also, both of our baby projects were made with some of Nico's old clothes so they cost nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment